Our July meeting will be on Tuesday, July 21 at 12:00 PM. Our program will be an online presentation by Bob Orban titled “Maintaining Audio Quality in the Broadcast Facility”. Achieving excellent on-air and on-line quality audio is more important than ever because of the intensely competitive nature of available media. “Good enough” no longer works. Persuading audiences to listen and then return requires attention to quality at every stage of the production process, from program sources to audio processing. This presentation will help attendees achieve quality on-air and on-line audio broadcasting and netcasting goals.
In 2015 Orban introduced the Optimod PCn 1600, the first Optimod that runs natively on the host computer’s Intel x86 processor; the software does not use dedicated DSP chips. In 2016 Orban introduced the company’s new flagship FM audio processor, the OPTIMOD-FM 8700i, featuring versatile five-band and two-band processing for both analog FM transmission and digital media.
Chapter Chair, Bill Hubbard, will send an email to registered members of Chapter 80 with connection instructions, log-in information, and helpful hints. Watch your inbox for this message and check your spam filter in case it lands there. To minimize the risk of an outside party disrupting our session, only individuals known to the chapter in advance will be admitted to the meeting room. Make sure you log in with your real name. Our Thanks to John Lynch of BSW for providing the GoToMeeting online platform for our July meeting and serving as MC for the presentation.
- July 21, 12:00 PM – Chapter 80 Meeting – Bob Orban via GoToMeeting
- August 18 – Site Picnic Cancelled. Online meeting and speaker to be announced.
- September 15 – Chapter 80 Online Meeting (Speaker TBA)
- October 13-15 – Broadcasters Clinic. In person event cancelled. More info coming soon.
- November 17 – Chapter 80 Online Meeting (Speaker TBA)
- January 20, 2021 – Chapter 80 Holiday Party – hoping for an in-person event
The newsletter is available below.